In episode 8 of Windows Games on Linux, I am going over Paladins FPS game. This game launches by default, but suffers from a .net bug that I show you how to fix so you no longer receive the prompt.
Below are all the commands I use in this video:
Use protontricks on Paladins
protontricks 444090 dotnet40 vcrun2010 directx9
If you get error about Windows XP type the following:
protontricks 444090 winecfg
-Set Windows Version to 'Windows 7'
Relaunch Paladins and you will be prompted to install Visual Studio 2010 and DX9. Go ahead and let these installers run. After they go through twice, paladins will launch.
Going forward any future launches it will launch directly into the game.
Check out the Official Chris Titus Tech Reddit for Help and Support @
The Book I am currently reading:
- Kill Hollows (Post-Apocalyptic) ➜ https://amzn.to/2SHbJDP
Books to Learn Linux
- Linux Bible ➜ https://amzn.to/2CegdLd
- A Practical Guide to Linux Commands ➜ https://amzn.to/2VJ6kOn
- Linux For Beginners Guide ➜ https://amzn.to/2CmdGPh
Want to support the Channel?
- Patreon ➜ https://www.patreon.com/christitustech
- Amazon Prime Trial ➜ https://amzn.to/2QO1fF5
- Sign up for Audible ➜ https://amzn.to/2ElXYWT
- Buy a Cellphone through Amazon ➜ https://amzn.to/2QSjYiG
- Amazon Gift Cards ➜ https://amzn.to/2LpLa3k
DISCLAIMER: This video and description contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This help support the channel and allows us to continue to make videos like this. Thank you for the support!